Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Finally a goal

Andrew scored his first goal in soccer a few weeks ago! I was such a proud mama!

Sports are proving to be very challenging for me as a parent. I want so badly for him to do well, but don't want to put too much pressure on him. I was never "pushed" to excel at any one particular sport, and I wish so badly that I had been. However, what about when your child just isn't getting it? Zack feels like Andrew should be a little more advanced at this stage, but really, who is to say when it's supposed to "click"? I'm not a huge advocate of jumping from activity to activity just because it seems to be challenging. I feel that's part of the growing up process: push through the hard parts, and make it to the other side. Hopefully, I'm doing that successfully with Andrew. It's such a fine line that I am treading lightly towards. I want for him to be the best, but really, I just want him to DO his best. When do I back off, and when do I push? Anyone have any wisdom on the matter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home