Friday, April 20, 2012

Changes

When I was pregnant with Presley, I wondered how her birth would change my feelings for Andrew. I ache for him to be a baby again. To smell his sweet head, hold his dimpled fingers, play with his feet, hear him belly laugh, etc. He has grown way too fast. He has basically not needed me much since he stopped nursing at 10 months. He is so independent, and not a super cuddly little boy, (at least not as much as I would need to get my fill), so I spend most of my time yearning for the baby he once was! Don't get me wrong..I'm loving the little boy he's becoming, but there's nothing like your first baby. Well, at first, I was so consumed with my newborn that I kept my head really full of her, and didn't have room to ache for him as much. Now that we are getting into a routine (somewhat), and I have a clearer head, I've decided that having her, makes me miss him so much more. Every little thing she does, reminds me of him. It's a constant reminder to be present and stay focused on what is important. Today is a gift. Plain and simple. Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow is not guaranteed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaci said...

Swear I'm not blog stocking you, just bored at work. =) But I feel the exact same way, and it doesn't help that Em and El are identical to me. Sigh.

April 20, 2012 at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home